View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 AM

CindyLou,

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on. I'm just so angry & upset about the whole situation. I feel like a fool for thinking that his insurance would possibly pay for the ADR surgery.

Wow! 3 ADR's & a fusion. I can't even imagine going through so much surgery...

I really wanted to have an ADR instead of the fusion but I can't fathom spending possibly $82K (worst case scenario) out of pocket. I mean who realistically could afford to pay for that out of pocket?!?

I'm nervous about the fusion as I have heard not so many great things about it. I spoke with my husband about the fusion route quite a bit. He reminded me that the OS said that I have run out of options. That I need surgery & shouldn't fixate on ADR since fusion will have the same outcome just without movement at that level.

At this point, we have both decided that if I am to have any kind of quality of life, then I should move forward with fusion.

Thank you for offering advice for after my surgery. I'm sure I'll have many questions. I'll try to keep everyone updated as much as possible.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09