View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running11 View Post
I can race it, are you a runner, too? Or another sport? How are you feeling?
Was your recovery ok? I would be interested in hearing more details of your surgery and recovery. God bless!
I am not a runner unless I'm being chased;-). I grew up racing bicycles and motorcycles and moved into cars as I got older. This was not an injury caused by racing it was being a young man in the construction would who was too strong for his own good. Muscularly not skeletaly! As for recovery the first day was something I was not prepared for!! I woke up,in tne most pain I have ever had! There are two reasons for this; I was taking 15mg oxycodon and wearing a fentanyl patch, so when they started me at 3 ml of morphine an hour that was basically starting me at zero plusvinhad to stay off the meds fot 6 hours prior. Second reason for the pain is the doctors here dont want you to suffer but they do want you to know where you are hurting and how bad. They won't drug you to sleep. The second day as completely different. Very bearable. Most of the pain was created by the obvious... I do have back pain and abdomen pain but I am up walking going to the bathroom with no assistance and pretty much rolling smoothly to,a complete recovery. Running, I bonded with Lillyth from this page she was kinda my red flag. Whenever I said something wrong or something she disagreed with she was gentle but would always let me know. I am very happy to share any part of my experience with anyone and I will try to help in any way with the process because although it was tough I know this was the best thing for my family and I. One more thing, Harrison you are one he'll of a guy for working so hard to help us learn about this procedure and I want to say thank you for all you have done. Thanks to everyone who has added information to this site to help educate anytime who wants to learn. God Bless you all!! With Love from BSC!!!
4/11 pain came on and has settled in for good
facet blocks
7 injections
DRX 9000 traction (no help)
Fentanyl patch and 15 mg oxycodon for breakthrough
4 MRI Bulging L5S1 and DDD
3 Dr's suggest ADR
1/13 discogram 7-8/10 pain
2/28/13 ADR scheduled xxxx canceled
3/21/13 L5S1 ADR M6 with Dr. Clavel who else?:-)