View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 PM

Default Travel tips and know-how?

Hey all,

I'm waiting for Dr. Zeegers to review the updated medical stuff I mailed to him on Friday. Once that's done, I'm going to wait for my grandson to be born (our first!) and then make plans to travel to Germany (Betaklinik in Bonn) for my ADR. I am all the things everyone who has had this surgery have been...scared, anxious, excited, relieved, the list goes on.

But I need practical advice and tips from anyone who has been to Bonn or anyone who has gone overseas for surgery at all. I've done my share of International travel, but never for a medical reason. What do I need to know? What do I need to take with me? And what do I need at home for my return?

I seem to remember some discussions YEARS ago about pain management over there for those of us on high dose opiates. Does anyone have anything to add about that? Feel free to PM me anything you think should be private, or post an answer to this thread for anything that might help others.

Has anyone rented an apartment in Bonn? I did that on a trip to Rome and it was awesome, especially since I have particular dietary needs to attend to.

Thanks everyone! OH, and say hi to my sister, melissal, who is here learning whatever she can because she is going with me!
TREATMENT: IDET, ESI's, Radiofrequency, Chiropractic, Pain Management, PT.
No work since 1999.
ADR Surgery at BetaKlinik, Bonn, Germany 11/30/11-Activ-L at L45,STALIF at L5S1--recovery good so far!
http://backtalk2011.blogspot.com/?v=0