View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 04:07 PM

Most important comment: you don't have to put up with this situation your whole life. You do have options to mitigate conditions, reduce pain (not just taking more drugs), and try to become more functional. If I left you with the feeling that you're not going to get off the rollercoaster, I apologize. I just think it's going to take a lot of research and talking with doctors before you find a combination of things to resolve this. I personally, and remember I'm not a medical professional, can't see you resolving all of what you have going on with a single surgery or simple set of surgeries.

I suspect that you're going to have to pick one problem and work on it a bit, then move on to another problem and work on it, and so on. Each time each problem gets addressed in the queue, you'll improve a bit but you're probably not going to easily fix one then move on to the others. If you pick one, either the most painful or the one that's degenerating the quickest, and start earnestly talking and researching ideas, this community will help you with what they've learned. The idea would be to at least stabilize the condition, if not improve it, then pick the next worst of your problems.

Above all, don't give up. It ain't over and new ideas are coming up all the time.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog

Last edited by annapurna; 06-24-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: moving a comma for clarity