View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Default The Insurance Warrior (Read-only topic)

As you all know, medical insurance issues about within our community. Insurance companies wield considerable influence in our personal lives, on Capitol Hill and especially with hospitals. Most of us here have gone to bat (battle?) against insurance companies for coverage for our surgical procedures. It’s terrible, and I fear, getting worse.

Enter the “empress of insurance appeals,” or more popularly known as “the insurance warrior,” Laurie Todd. Her expertise is shaped by her own personal experience -- and successes -- as a cancer patient; she now helps patients from all walks of life win coverage for their treatment. Her record to date helping patients is flawless – and I’ve warned her about the lackluster results we patients have experienced! Nonetheless, here are some ideas for patients to consider:

1. Read the book she wrote: Fight Your Health Insurer and Win. You can order this book on her website; perhaps you could request it from your local library. Her site is: health insurance help Laurie was kind enough to offer a chapter of her book, which will be attached to this post soon.

2. Listen or call in to the June 2 Boston show (see above link). She may be able to help you with your appeals too; see her site for contact information.

3. Look for her wisdom in a future Q & A column in the Cutting Edge forum.

And no, I have no business affiliation with Laurie. I am just trying to help you folks get the treatment you need. There will always be new treatments that are considered “experimental,” so we may need an army of Lauries….

Laurie, knock ‘em dead! I hope this post helps all involved.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate