View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:06 PM

Hi Tx rollergirl ;

Dr.Blumenthal is my Lumbar doctor. He was recommended by Cervical doctor Dr.Lieberman.I really like Dr. Blumenthal he is very informative and took lots of time to make sure my questions we're answered.He even took the time to call me personally when I had a paper full of more questions for him.I as well have done my research.I feel good about receiving the Prodisc.Unfortunately the US will not be seeing any other ADRs being approved for at least a year.And these will be all metal devices.I was told this by the Dr. I can't wait any further at this point.On a bad day I limp on my right leg.It's extremely weak and my toes are numb.I also have leg pain.Though the Back pain with stabbing shooting pain is the worst. I have got to the point where my pain meds.are at a high level.I do all types of coping skills and therapy heat(cold).I spend many hours laying down because it feels better. I have 5 children and I'm a stay at home Mom and I need to move on.

I never thought much of going out of country it has concerns for me.Though I know many do and are happy.But it's the scarry stories that make me shy away.Only because once you go out of country the laws are different.

I wish you the very best in your quest.I hope for pain free days for your Hubby.What was your Hubby's diagnosis on his spine ? Is he leaning more toward Hybrid surgery vs double ADRs .How has his spine issues effected him? How are the condtion of his Facets? Sorry for all the questions.But feel free to shoot them back. We both know the importance.

Take care, Kaitiedid
Proposed ADR 4-5,ALIF 5-S1