View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanraceit View Post
Vicki,

Your story is very helpful and I believe that I am ok with the trip but I'm not so sure about my wife. I do know that if I said that this is what I was doing my wife would be on board. I don't want to just say this is it and like it so I am trying to let her do some research on her own and with some gentle nudging so that she feels like she was part of the decision because she is part of the decision! I couldn't do it without her. That's a FACT!! Again thanks for taking the time to write on my post and god bless!
Just tell her what you are learning. If she is doing all you say she is doing, she doesn't have the time for research on top of all that! I just distill everything down at the end of the day for my husband. In fact, he is the one who finally said "Honey, you loved Dr. Clavel, everyone raves about him, why are you even considering another doctor?" Just share everything you are learning with her. I'm sure getting back the man she married (not to mention no longer having to do EVERYTHING - I know, my husband is doing this right now) will be worth it. Why is she not okay with the trip?
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.