View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Hi Laidup,
Well, Stenum oked me for 2 artificial discs but don't they approve everyone?
About a month ago I sent Dr. Clavel xray's & MRI on line and he got back to me right away (email) and said he thought he could do 2 artificial discs but would like to see a lateral xray too. So I sent those out by snail mail. He might be worried about the facets?
Dr. Pimenta said I had mild to moderate facet joint arthritis but he thought he could still do a XL disc on L4/L5 which I think would mean only the one disc which may mean my L5/S1 might still be good enough? And they said the XL was still experimental. I really like the fact that it goes in through the side and I know he is an expert when it comes to facets. So if he would approve me, then I would definately go for it. I know I need to do this soon or the facets will get worse. Like I read here quite a bit, Don't wait too long! I feel like I made a huge mistake when I told Dr. Pimenta I had already scheduled with India but I had already commited to them, stupid me. Hindsite is 20/20.
20 years ago when I had my huge surgery the surgeon told me I would need to have the bottom 2 fused in 10 to 20 years so the time has come. I hope so much I can get artificial discs instead. I don't want to be fused to my sacrum. I'm stiff as a board already, I can't image more. When I see people here so scared of getting one disc fused I think it's not that bad except the damage it does above & below it. It's crazy that the U.S. isn't more accepting of ADR's for that reason alone. For my fusion they took out my 4th rib, hip bone, pedicle bone and cadaver bone and grinded it up to put in between my open vertebra.
I started my blog already, hoping I can soon write about my new ADR so many other's have done. Below is a link to my xray's and MRI. I hope I have the happy ending!
Sandys Spine Wish - 2 Artificial Discs: MRI and X-Ray Pictures
2011 - right sided transforaminal injection for sciatica and it worked, yeah!
2011- Scheduled for 2 ADR's with Dr. Rajakumar/India but cancelled until Feb. or March.