View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 AM

Default was out of town... sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy123 View Post
Redheadjules, I wonder how you are doing on your search? I didn't mean to butt right into your decision making. But how are you doing? It takes a lot of time to research and try to figue out what to do for your back & life. I'm still there and it does get frustrating. I did finally hear back from Dr. Clavel's office yesterday. He approved me for 2 lower discs for $43,000.00. There goes my retirement fund but then what is life if you can't do anything. I also heard from Dr. Boeree and he did not approve me so that is always a delima why one will approve and the other one won't. I'm still waiting to hear from one more doctor, Dr. Pimenta and he is travelling right now so it might take awhile.
Hope you get this message and let us know how you are doing!
Sandy,
Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the country.
Dr. Lauryssen had me talk to a man by the name of Dr. Khoury from Global Medical Exchange who is helping him set up a location for surgery out of the US in order to be able to implant the M6. Dr. Lauryssen was the lead surgeon on the clinical trials here in the US for the M6. So Dr. Khoury (PHD not MD) has helped him get a location in Dubai for now. I am not sure that I am personally interested in this solution, but if you're interested PM me and I can send you their contact info. Either way, sounds like you yourself have some serious decisions to make. I can empathize for sure! Just out of curiosity what was the price in Euros? you mentioned a USD price.

I just got my new MRI done last week, so I will hopefully have a copy by tomorrow to send out. The Euro docs wanted an updated imaging study despite my CT scan from sept (I know, different studies) so I decided to go for the tube again so I can get a move on here. Dr. Bertagnoli's office already had given the go ahead without it, though they weren't happy about the age of my previous MRI, but Clavel's rep said I have to have it, so I figured it will be the same with any other Dr I approach. I didn't want to have to endure the tube again, but I'm up for anything to get me closer to the healing zone!

So no current updates from me, but I should have some decisions, fingers crossed, in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for everyone's support. I really appreciate it!
c5-6 right ruptured disk
moderate spinal cord compression
right ostephyte
c6-7 ruptured disk, moderate cord compression and endplate osteophyte

L3-4 central disk protrusion
L5-S1 ruptured disk

3 level m6 cervical ADR with Dr. Clavel 4/12/12
2 level lumbar ADR in near future hopefully!