Thread: Ranking System
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 12:58 PM

Hi Terry

For me the ranking system didn't mean too much and I couldn't care if I were a chameleon or newbie or whatever. I came to the site looking for information and support (had my lumbar surgery in Feb 2004) and was registered in Feb 2005. (The discussion forum, which is great, wasn't running at the time of my lumbar surgery unfortunately)

Like many I had my surgery, recovered and got on with life and only returned to the forum when my cervical spine gave me problems and I needed more information and support.(Makes me sound selfish but I'm not really, in fact, I'm a compassionate and caring person).

I do like the signatures and I look at members medical history and experiences and the content of their posts rather than number of posts made.

However, I do think the idea of for example 'The 500 club' you are in is a good idea, although I note I am considered a new member - even though I've been registered since 2005. Guess I've been too quiet to progress from 'new'.

It is not difficult to spot whose postings are the most interesting/informative/relevant although I do believe everyones contribution is valuable to the forum and don't intend to offend anyone.

Not sure what you could have for menu titles or icons though? What do you have in mind? ? pre-op, post-op lumbar, post-op cervical, ?successful surgery ?unsuccessful surgery, medical professional, lay person, undecided what to do and in a dilemma, seeking information, offering support. I don't know what to suggest, it seems quite complicated and well...I like things simple.

Sorry I've no ideas to help you Terry, if I have a brainwave, I'll let you know although, since my brain surgery two years ago my brain doesn't work too well.

Good luck with your task, you're doing a wonderful job and have a great way with words for everyone.

Best wishes

Lynda

PS One suggestion...please could the year be included in the date of posting?