View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 09:29 PM

Wow Maria, you describe the pain I still have almost exactly. I got a flare up last week too after doing something more silly than you did. I was in Yellowstone doing some gentle cross-country skiing and got some heel pain in one boot. To get rid of the heel pain, I yanked out my prescription orthodic - the one with 3/8-inch leg-length correction. I left the other orthodic in, giving myself a net 5/8-inch plus discrepency. I had no back pain that day, but was woken up with a pain similar to what you describe. The pain keep hammering me all night and all the next day until I pulled out my narcotics and shut it down. I figured that it was just arthritis and that I would have to give up skiing, but, I then I remembered that I had skiied similar distance the days before and after the pain episode with proper orthodics and had no back pain.

Now that I think about it, one of the first things that they tested me for at the AlphaKlinik pre-ADR was leg length discrepency - that should have given me a hint that it was important. Yow! I spent $300 USD on my orthodics and then don't wear them when I need to. How thick can you get?

Hope for a pain-free New Year to you all.

Best Wishes,
Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog