Thread: ohip
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 09:58 AM

Default ADR in Canada

I found out there is an orthopaedic surgeon in Calgary doing single level ADR using the Podisc. 1 year plus waiting list. Health Canada gives them a hard time when they accept out of province patients.

The gal running the office told me about a surgeon in London Ontario who I got a referral to who is also doing single level ADR using Prodisc. I just got a letter back to my Doctor last Friday and that letter states I'm non- surgical with my condition.

So again ADR is just beginning in Canada and Europe is at least 18 years ahead with ADR process & procedure.

I have not contacted OHIP yet but I am n the process of research right now. I spoke with a Nurse friend 28 year veteran and even she is under the impression that if you can't get a type of treatment in Ontario, and you go outside the country for the treatment OHIP will cover the cost. I have my doubts having dealt with Government agencies most of my career.

Maczoid
Discectomy L4,L5 2006
Reinjured 2013
Noninvasive spine decompression no lasting effect
Told 2014 that I have to live with no strength and unstable walking.
April 21,2016 Arcadius cage fusion L5-S1, L4, & M6L L3 Dr.Clavel Bacelona Spine Centre