View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM

Iris,

I have been on a mostly raw, mostly plant based, high alkaline diet for over 10 years now. I also do certain supplements and oils designed to help my back. It has helped me tremendously. My chiropractor also got me headed in this direction. I can explain the details of what has worked for me and what hasn't etc. if you (or anyone else) are interested. My back was in the worst possible shape and now I do most things that I want even though my back is not perfect. The disc gets very little blood flow. I've heard the inner disc, the pulposus, gets no blood flow. Therefore actual complete regeneration of the disc after a certain point may not be possible. However, my body has gotten much better in so many ways with a high alkaline diet.
2010: Discogram & MRI - S1 - L2 Lumbar DDD
2011: MRI same. Quality of life issue. Wake up middle of night with leg pain often.
2013: MRI. Had enough. Ready for surgery.