View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Gene View Post
Based on everything I've heard on Stenum, I now know why they insisted on a MRSA test before being allowed to be operated on there. I have asked the U.S. coordinator of the team, Sue, to forward my medical information to Dr. Clavel. I want a second opinion from a doctor overseas. Since he is technically a partner with Dr. Ritter-Lang, she should be able to send my info to him without difficulty. If she makes an issue of it, I will get to Dr. Clavel through another route. One of my biggest concerns is that I did have one foraminotomy at C6/C7 in 2008. My understanding is that this can be a contraindication of ADR. As much as I want ADR, I don't want it if it's going to cause permanent pain at that level. Does anyone have links to some of these other surgeons (ie - the ones in the UK, Brazil, and Cyprus)? Thank you all for your feedback and help.
I would just send your films to Yolanda directly. I have heard tales of Stenum fighting to send films to Dr. Clavel. They know they will lose you as a patient once you contact him.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.