View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 AM

Unhappy Haven't been able to sit for the past 5 years

I am 48, average build, not overweight and live in San Diego. I have DDD at L4-L5, which is the result of annular tear. I am not able to sit. I feel burning and tingling on my buttocks and back of my legs when I sit. I feel tingling and burning on the bottom of my feet if I stand more than 10-15 minutes (not my buttocks or legs). I can walk for 20 minutes or so. My feet sometimes burns even when I lay down on my bed. I have 5 pillows on my bed to put myself in a proper position and be able to rest.

I have minor back pain on the left side of my back.

I have been doing PT two times a weeks for the past two years. I do exercises which are supposed to strengthen you core muscles; such as Medex machine, back extension and Plank. Yet, I did not have any improvement. If I stop PT, my back muscles become very stiff and I cannot even bend forward.

I have seen 5 orthopedics and neurosurgeon. One of them recommended fusion and the rest said "they don't see my symptoms in MRI"

I work laying down on bed. I am in horizontal position about 22-23 hours a day! I really cannot tolerate this anymore. I am moving towards taking the final decision and take my own life.

Any recommendations?

Thank you!