View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 PM

well, Got results of my MRI today, no changes since 2008. Facets only show the same "mild changes" that were there in 2008. Of course, the level of the Prodisc is obscured, but they must have been able to see the facets, because they commented that the degeneration was "mild", same as 2008

Also got an EMG which was basically normal. In one of the last tests where he sticks a needle in your calf and asks you to push against his hand, he did say he notes some mild nerve irriation, would not really call it "abnormal". He said he could not tell if it was new or old or if it was coming from L5 or S1. He said it was a little on the right and a little more pronounced on the left. My pain is 95% right sided. So this is odd and perhaps not relevant. Ido know from a previous (and perhaps more thorough) EMG that I have evidence of "old" radiculapathy of L5. Wish I could remember if it was on right or left side. Oh well

So he said all in all it was pretty good news. I am feeling better, which I told him, so he ordered me a PT precription and I am supposed to go back in a month. All in all I felt pretty brushed off. Last week he was talking about doing a Rhizo procedure. Now he says lets do nothing. I know the facets would be better visualized on CT and we should get flex/ext x-rays. It is hard to ask the doctor for imaging studies when he has his own ideas and thinks just a month of PT will do the trick. He is hoping I will just get better and go away. Pehaps, because these facet issues started with a precipitating event of "overdoing it", he is right, they just need to calm down and everything will be ok. it is different than some post patients with post ADR facet issues in which the facet issues came on gradually or for no apparent reason. Augh! What to do, what to do? i guess I will go with his plan, do PT for a month and if things are still not good, be more aggressive and ask for CT and x-rays. I will post as things progress.