View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 PM

I am fairly new to this board as you all know. Perhaps I can be a sort of neutral intermediary.

I'd like to propose a compromise between the opposing parties regarding the issues of thread titles, censorship of content and personal attacks.

I say Harrison should do what he feels is best to organize thread titles including changing the title name. This is Harrison's site and he has done an excellent job keeping it organized. Who cares what the title is as long as we can find what we are looking for and can share information.

Harrison should delete any posts that he feels are anger filled or vulgar or personal attacks against other posters. No one here should protest Harrison's decision to delete for these reasons. If they do protest, Harrison should delete their protests without notice or explanation. I think we all would rather not be exposed to anger and such even though chronic pain and meds can cause some of us to be angry. I think that angry posters will get the message after their posts are deleted and kindness will follow.

Harrison should not engage posters who protest; deleting their abusive posts should be adequate remedy. Harrison, I think your engagement of complaining posters just extends the arguing ad nauseum. Silence is golden. You don't need to give anyone a reason for your decision. This will reduce your stress level and provide more time for you to help patients.

Harrison should not censor anyone's posts or question the poster's reason for posting. Harrison should provide adequate disclaimers to safeguard against liability problems. Censoring the thoughts of posters is counter-productive to the reason we are all here. We need to hear the real-life stories and the results of poster's research, good or bad, to make decisions for ourselves that are life-affecting decisions. Censoring would make us seek info elsewhere.

Harrison should not ask anyone to leave adrsupport.org. Deleting offensive posts without notice or explanation should be an adequate remedy to deter abusers. Everyones' opinions are important no matter who they are. 'Culling' posters is the same as censorship and would make us leave the site and go elsewhere.

Well, what do you all think? Does this sound like a compromising compromise?

joey
epidurals, no effect
facet block 2003, no effect
discogram 2003, pain at L4-5
Charite 2004, L4-5 OK for 6 mo, downhill since
MRI's, CT's, etc
meds, meds, meds
on heat and