Thread: New member here
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 04:08 PM

Default New member here

Greetings all,

Just a quick hello to introduce myself and describe my symptoms.

My name is John. I first began experiencing issues around 1985-86 while sitting at the dining room table - While reading the mail, I sneezed and the pain shot down my left arm. The pain was so unbearable and I had difficulty sleeping. PT, home traction, muscle relaxers, etc. made my issues manageable. I've had recurrences over the years, perhaps on average of 1-2 over 4 years. I could still maintain an active lifestyle through hiking, running, biking, etc.

Recently the pain has returned but with slightly different symptoms - some pain near the top of the shoulder blade along with loss of strength and function in my left hand. I turned 58 this past summer.

I'm set for an MRI on 2 January with the potential for steroid injections and a neurologist referral. I keep doing my homework, reading all I can about my conditions and treatment options.

Thanks in advance for everyone's contributions here. I appreciate it.

John