Thread: New member here
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:37 PM

Thanks Jeff,

I appreciate the words of support. The discomfort has never been constant or consistent, except for perhaps a tiny loss of function that I could live with and manage. As long as I could pick up the guitar or mandolin and play (I was never good - I only play for myself), build electronics projects, etc., I was fine. This time it is different though.

When I went to the neurosurgeon 5 years, he felt I was a good candidate for surgery but I brushed that off and didn't delve any deeper as I wanted nothing to do with it and my symptoms were manageable. Now I'll get a new MRI and have 5 year then and now images for comparison.

I've always stayed active but did quit running 19 years ago as I didn't want to increase any damage, plus the discomfort would increase if I ran. Heck, I used to do slow marathons and ultras, but now I limit my activity to walking, stretching, hiking, backpacking (shooting to finish section hiking the colorado trail), and work around the house.

Hopefully, this is a positive turning point and not one of loss for the remainder of my life.

Thanks again,
John