View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Hi Zach!

It looks like you have just one level of your lumbar spine that is problematic, is that correct?
Thank you very much Harrison. I can't tell you what an amazing thing you are doing and how much of an impact you are having on other people's lives because of this site. Thank you so much.

Yes, my issues are contained at L5/S1. In fact, L4/L5 looks great... for now! The fact that I am 33 with gives me a lot of pause around what route to go. Fusion clearly adds risk to the degradation of L4/L5 over time... and from what it sounds like, I would likely outlive the lifespan of the ProDisc L... and a second MDL would cause further degeneration of L5/S1 and probably increase the amount of lower back pain (although it would address the immediate concern of the compressed l5 and s1 nerves in my left leg/ foot)... it's appears to be quite a pickle from all angels
2007-present: Chronic lower back pain: conservative treatment off and on
November, 2013: spontaneous reoccurrence of radiculopathy in left leg. MRI results indicate recurrent left L5/S1 disc herniation compressing L5 & S1 nerves in addition to severe degeneration of L5/S1 disc.
January 24, 2013: Revision MLD/laminectomy at L5/S1