View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Zach, it is a big decision indeed. What are your next steps? Questions?
Well, unfortunately time is not on my side. Due to the nerve compression I need to act sooner than later to prevent long term nerve issues (at least regarding the herniated disc pressing on L5 and S1 nerve roots). I am leaning towards a second discectomy ASAP and then waiting out the DDD to see how things go. Perhaps I can prolong the need for ADR long enough for more advancements to come about.

Although, the idea of killing 2 birds with one stone now is more appealing in theory, I just don't have a lot of confidence in the Pro Disk in my spine for 50 years. Perhaps I am paranoid, but when you read about the advancements in the M6 design, the future looks bright. Living with DDD for a few more years won't be ideal, but I think I might be able to manage ok.
2007-present: Chronic lower back pain: conservative treatment off and on
November, 2013: spontaneous reoccurrence of radiculopathy in left leg. MRI results indicate recurrent left L5/S1 disc herniation compressing L5 & S1 nerves in addition to severe degeneration of L5/S1 disc.
January 24, 2013: Revision MLD/laminectomy at L5/S1