View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 01:17 AM

Hey Jeff,

Yes, a doctor I'm seeing now who has been treating me with PRP injections said the SI joint is one source of pain, but after 4 treatments with minimal improvement she's doubtful it's the primary source. At first she was convinced my SI joint was the real problem, but it's become clear that's not the case. To add another problem into the mix, I found out today that I also have spinal stenosis. So she has stopped treating me for the time being and wants me to get further care from a neurosurgeon. I'm looking into the neuro program at UCLA right now. They perform a procedure for stenosis called X-Stop, which I'm learning more about now.

So far no doctor has been able to determine if any one condition is the primary pain generator. But the discs are definitely high on the list. It's turning into a game of whack-a-mole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Ian,

That sounds like quite a complex condition you've got. Has anyone speculated that the torn ligaments on your SI is the source of your pain? Wishing you luck on getting back to doing the things that you want to do. I know that being sidelined with spine problems is no fun.

Good luck, Jeff
- Torn ligaments in SI joint
- PRP injections at SI joint
- Tarlov cysts on sacrum
- Lumbar stenosis
- L4/L5 ADR Feb 25, 2014 with Dr. Bierstedt.
http://iansroadback.blogspot.com