View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 PM

Default Long time lurker, first time poster

Hi everyone,

I've been poking around the public areas of the forum for a while now, figured it was time to sign up and really start collecting info and asking questions.

My signature pretty much tells the story. Over the years I've had minor issues with my low back, but nothing serious at all. I was a very active person so I figured the injuries went with the territory. That all changed a couple of years ago, and here I am now.

I figured I could manage this condition with physio and exercise, which is probably why I remained a lurker. The pain is more annoying for me than debilitating, some days I'm ok, others I'm chewing ibuprofen like candy.

However it really hit home recently when I was asked if I wanted to hold my newborn nephew. He liked to keep moving which meant I hand to stand with him and bounce. After a minute of that my low back was stiffening up and I had to hand him off. We plan on starting a family of our own and I know that right now holding a baby while standing will be an issue, and holding him/her over my head is out of the question.

So, long story short.....time to get this fixed! I have a bunch of questions, but I'll post them in the appropriate spots.
More physio, provides relief but not solution
March 2014 - ADR research in earnest begins