View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 07:27 AM

Chuck

Don't mean to be a downer, but every person I've seen so far who has posted about making their final appeal in person has reported that it was pretty much a waste of time and they only got a couple minutes to make their case. My take on this was that if you can't make the case in writing then no amount of personality or personal appeal is going to make a difference.

I'm curious about why you are asking for insurance coverage of ADR under an emergency clause. It's a surgical procedure and should be covered under another clause in your contract which would allow something like fusion. I wouldn't have assumed that they *would* have covered it as an emergency procedure, because it isn't. Of course, to those of us who have been in pain for long periods of time and don't have a real life due to the effects of damaged discs, it certainly may seem like an *emergency* sometimes!

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.