View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 03:16 PM

One problem is that I can't get in to see a Rhumatologist for months and my fusion is in 2 weeks. I have a call into my surgeon to ask him if the possibility of having arthritis would affect my surgery date. I'm also seeing my pain management dr. tomorrow for bloodwork to test for arthritis.

The foot doctor I saw yesterday said I have Plantar fasciitis but that still does not explain the stiffness in my hands. My foot X-Rays taken yesterday did not show anything obvious like advanced arthritis.

The dermatologist I saw yesterday did not know what my legions were. He did say it's peculiar because psoriasis is very obvious and mine were not. He called it a "thickening" of the skin.

Reading all the abstracts is scary. It seems mycoplasmas can do alot of bad things. I am amazed to find all the connections between mycoplasma and back pain. These bacteria find homes in spines!!! They cause back pain!!! If my discogram wasn't positive for the annular tear I would think I had a bug living in my spine.

I still may....

Thanks again!!!!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC