View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM

The pain and numbness has always been on the left ( since 2008 ).
however, the pain and numbness on the right started 2Q16, Since I do exercise regularly with moderate weight bearing routines, I thought the deep pain in the humerous was from tricep push down exercises with moderate/heavy weight...it's a funny thing how you can never under estimate the power of denial. There was no noticable weakness since I lift weights regularly. I've been doing that religously since the initial 2008 diagnosis and at that time yes indeed there was noticable weakness in the right...
which is why I started going to the gym regularly.
It wasn't until 3Q16 that the numbness in right forefinger and thumb began and that's when it ocurred to me it's the herniated C5/6 disc !!!!

Question: Is the neural foramen cleaned up during an anterior discectomy?
Also, I see you've had facet issues in the past yet are the recipient of a 2 level C-ADR. I saw a tired old surgeon in 2008 at the esteemed Barrows Institute in PHX and for me, he said NO to ADR and cited there would be "facet issues"... what ever that meant
Oh and last time I grilled a surgeon in 2008 on his recommendation for fusion, which is the same local Dr. I'm going to see in February ) he said, " people feel as if they need uber information on the procedures and recommendation"... and then he went on to say that "people must make a leap of faith and trust the surgeon". Maybe I'll cancel that appt and find a surgeon in PHX that will implant ADR. I do see Dr. John Ehteshami from Cervical Spine Centers in Phoenix is listed in the top 500 Doctors in Phoenix from 2016... And all that that center deals with is Cervical... I will reach out to his office this week.