View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:19 AM

Welcome to the board

Yes it is not easy to determine what to do. I have talked to about 10 doctors in total and lucky for me they all think I need the same work done, which for me is 3 level ADR. only one doctor mentioned hybrid but he was being cautious saying there was only a 10% chance of that.

Every doctor has their own methods, their different discs types and different experiences that they have learned throughout their years of doing ADR. It is no surprise to me that some say they can do it while others can not. I have had doctors tell me dont use this disc than have had other say we should use this disc.

We are not doctors so we can only make educated guesses by research, forums, listening to what other people say that have had the operations and so forth. I have changed my doctor and disc a few times over the last year and finally think I have found the one for me I am going to go with the LP ESP and Dr Rischke in Switzerland.

I am not saying he is the best doctor, I am just saying with my research, my talks and so forth he is the best doctor for me at this stage. I think many of the doctors are very good and would probably do a great job but one has to pick someone to do it.

You say some doctors tell you not to do it, well ask them why and then take that to the doctors that will do it and challenge them, ask them why can you do this procedure that others say they will not. Then it will be up to you if you think their answers are good enough for you. I really do believe there are more skilled doctors out there and some can do things that others cannot or repair things that other doctors have messed up.

It took me 15 months to decide on a doctor and with each new doctor I talked to I learned more and had more difficult questions.
L4-L5
L5-S1
Considering ADR Procedure This Year