View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 06:36 PM

If you are concerned about your facets, especially at the L5-S1 level, have you looked into the Activ-L?

It is the only artificial disc designed specifically for the L5-S1 level. It is designed to take pressure off your facets with a core that shifts forward as you bend at the waist. It is also the closest size of any artificial disc at the L5-S1 level to the original size of your disc, further helping preserve your facets.

Not to say that you'll have an issue if you opt for any other disc, just that I've read that the Activ-L is designed this way and slightly less likely to cause facet issues in these ways.

I just had one put in two weeks ago. It feels great! I dont think they're as popular in Europe, but it is the latest FDA-approved device here in the US. I had mine put in by the co-developer of the disc, Dr. Rolando Garcia.
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American