View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM

Thank you all for your great advice. I, of course, was concerned that I was being hasty. On the one hand, my HMO says that I will be "fine". "It may take a few years, but most people get better in a few years without surgery." On the other hand, every PT and the doctors outside of my HMO say "you have a serious problem" and "I wouldn't wait too long".

I was doing a bit better for a short while. I was hopeful that trend would continue, but no such luck. The last month has been a downhill trend. I failed the strength tests in physical therapy last week, with my right arm showing significant weakness in many areas. That was the proverbial straw for me. I am trying to schedule my surgery for July 2006. What a relief to have finally made my decision. My depression has became much less since having a light showing at the end of the tunnel. My first choice is Dr. B, though I am consulting with Dr. Z and Dr. Jan Goffin in Belgium, just for backup.
You have all been terrific and I hope soon to be telling my tale of recovery...
10/2008 3 surgeons confirm C6/C7 needs ADR and always has.
Has anyone had a second ADR surgery on an adjacent level?