View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Thanks for reminding me about the citrus juice press. My mom used one in the 60s that was very much like the one you use. Pressing fruit is always better than centrifugal juicers; the high speed electrostatic process is said to remove important enzymes from the fruits and veggies. Well, that may be, but my juicer has helped me heal from the the damage caused by the systemic bacterial infection (mycoplasma pneumonia).

I sometimes add different roots (ginger, burdock, celery root) and greens into the juice mix. I always add a few drops of flax seed oil to help with the absorption of fat soluble vitamins, particularly vitamin A.

I’d like to get a Vitamix, but $450 is a lot to spend. But if you use it more than the centrifugal, it’s worth it! I talked to a few people this week about this – they are glad they forked out the bucks as they love their Vitamix. They have achieved better health by giving their bodies what they’ve missing – vitamins, enzymes and minerals lacking from the American diet.

Thx again for sharing.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate