View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 02:41 PM

JinSong, I am so sorry to read about your frustration and pain! I have been following your story with interest, and I have been impressed by the systematic way you have gone about looking for the best alternatives. I am so sorry you were not in a situation where you could choose the treatment you prefered. I guess this is not much comfort right now, but as a fellow academic I can assure you that you are not going to be a phd-student for ever - and your economic situation is going to give you much more freedom in the future. If you, as a worse case scenario, get problems with adjacent levels further down the road, you will most probably be able to choose the treatment you prefer - and you will be able to stop the deterioration with an adr of your own choice. I gather from your previous posts that you are a very resourceful person, and I am sure you will get out of this even stronger. I really hope your recovery will be less unpleasant soon, and I wish you all good luck.
S1L5 reduced height and partly desiccated.
Herniation has receded but I'm left with bulging disc and constant sciatica.
Still relying on pt. and core strengthening pr. mars 2015, but starting to lean towards ADR.
There's a life to be lived out there!