View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Default MRI image and analysis

To save you some time, I'm posting my MRI image and full doctor analysis as a reply to my original post.

MRI ANALYSIS 5/22/13 by Dr. Gregory J. Zweig:

Procedure: MRI Cervical Spine w/o Contrast
Technique: Multiplanar spin-echo, STIR and gradient echo sequences

Findings: There are no compression deformities of the vertebral bodies. No tonsillar herniation is seen. Signal in the visualized cervical spinal cord is within normal limits. Normal signal in the visualized bone marrow. The bony spinal canal is congenitally slightly narrow in AP diameter.

C1-C2: Unremarkable
C2-C3: Unremarkable
C3-C4: Subtle uncovertebral osteophytes. Slight narrowing of the neural foramina. Central canal is open.
C4-C5: Minimal central disc protrusion. No spinal stenosis.
C5-C6: Moderate sized broad-based central to right foraminal disc protrusion compressing the ventral aspect of the spinal cord at and well to the right of midline. Prominent narrowing of the right lateral recess and right neural foramen. The left neural foramen is open.
C6-C7: Subtle desiccation of the disc. No focal herniation or spinal stenosis.
C6-T1: Unremarkable

Impression: The major finding is right-sided disc herniation at C5-C6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mri-may-2013-edited.jpg (93.4 KB, 42 views)
>
MRI excerpt (per Dr. Gregory J. Zweig):
C5-C6: Moderate sized broad-based central to right foraminal disc protrusion compressing the ventral aspect of the spinal cord at and well to the right of midline. Prominent narrowing of the right lateral recess and right neural foramen. The left neural foramen is open.