View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 PM

I'll avoid some of your questions and instead choose to answer one you didn't ask: it's still true, with all of the marketing hype about different ADRs, that the number one way to get a ADR to work is to choose the right surgeon and the number one way to get it to fail is to choose the wrong surgeon. If you're sure that your proposed surgeon has one year's experience or less, I'd ask a whole lot of question about what he's done in that year and seriously consider seeking surgery elsewhere. This isn't something to panic about but, as I've advised people many times, don't allow yourself to wake up from surgery and wish you'd used the other surgeon. Make sure you're happy before you get the procedure.

As you're in Illinois, you might want to contact Dr. Hauser in the Chicago area. He's a prolotherapist and is treating other ADR c-spine ADR receipient for hypermobility and could give you his opinion of the problem and what he's doing to help those suffering from it. That's also not directly answering your question but it might be a more practical answer and potentially even set you up with a doctor in case you need follow-up.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog