View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 01:35 PM

Well, I can't speak to Dr Clavel's advice, but you do want a secure implant. You don't want it to move. You can appreciate his honesty.
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the design change, other than it had something to do with making a more secure connection between the titanium plates and the core itself. If you look closely at the M6C, they are connected by the woven fibers threaded through the plates. Maybe it wasn't attached that way before.
If you do some reading about HO, I think the literature is showing that it happens after year 5. But for many, it is only a finding on images and doesn't matter. In my case, I got HO at C6-7, and that causes neck pain at night. Arm pain is gone. The neck just doesn't move right lying down.Basically I am fused by a non moving M6 at C6-7. I am still planning on getting it fixed. Why it happened? No one seems to know, but I suspect it is because the M6 comes in limited sizes and it had too small a surface area for my C6-7, there is less movement at 6-7, and it is by design a more constrained device. This is all my speculation, Dr Clavel did not speculate as to the causes. If I could sleep standing up or hanging upside down, life would be perfect.
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona