View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 04:18 AM

First, I would have to say, yes insurances companies are mildly retarded. That's fantastic if it gets approved. A guy I spoke with a couple weeks ago, went to Germany for his surgery and BCBS ended up covering the full amount. You would think insurance companies would be happy that we are saving them all this money going overseas for these hundred thousand dollar surgeries if performed in the US.

I'm so happy that you are working with Dr. Clavel and sounds like some really positive things. I think you are doing the right thing. The discs are better pieces of equipment and you will be benefit from that technology for your back and neck. Do you have someone that will go with you? Please keep me in the loop on your journey to a new back in Spain.

My surgery is scheduled for the 29th with Dr. Regan. I am very happy with him and my decision. It's a minimally invasive surgery, PLIF. I'm happy it's going to be conservative and not aggressive. We are going to wait to deal with the L4-L5 until we absolutely have too, and hopefully by then we will have better ADR's in the US or stem cells. Dr. Regan said that there is alot of progress with stem cells.

Thank you for sharing you info with me, and your choices. If I can help in way in your decision making or you just want to bounce ideas, or frustrations off of me, shoot me an email.

Thanks, Barbara
2013 Time for surgery
multi-level DDD L4-S1
L5-S1 pars defect, chronic instability of L5-S1, spondylolisthesis
moderate spinal stenosis
Hybrid? flexible fusion system?