View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 03:39 PM

I am glad I went under the knife in good physical shape. I went in at 163 Lbs. and 10% body fat. It definitely helps the healing process. I am also glad I did not baby myself when I got back home. I got back in to living life.

I also am happy I gave myself 2 months from the surgery to go back to work. It was an *** kicking surgery and I needed to stay home. As it was I still got pooped out easily for awhile when I went back to work. And I have a desk job so I am happy I carried on some self discipline. I went back to work within a one week period of time after my first neck surgery in 95.

I am also happy I got a decent chair when I got back. I had the company buy me a decent Herman Miller which was over $1,000 for a chair. I'm worth it and have been the executive of the company for going on eighteen years. They also needed to take care of my spine.

The best thing that happened was getting Blue Cross to pay for the surgery. The worst thing to have to go through was mediation with the couple whose dog plowed in to my bicycle. I hate State Farm and consider it to be the crappiest insurance company on the planet. That was the second ordeal where one of us got injured and we had to fight with them. The first was my wife several years ago and the second was my accident. I would sue State farm in a heart beat if something happened to me again. I would not even wait to hire an attorney. They are pond scum anyway and you have to let them know that you are not afraid of them.

The least helpful was nothing. I believe everything worked out the way it needed to and I am grateful for whatever I have today. I sure have been to hell and back.

Nice idea for this thread.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5