View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM

I am headed out of town so not the best time to write a post.

I have not read the book (or whatever you want to call it). I don't own a copy and have not seen the cover, even. I do know that the XLIF is a surgery that NuVasive developed. I was not considering an XLIF surgery, so I have never bothered to read up on the surgery itself.

I think I read somewhere back when I was researching discs that Dr. Pimenta was head of development for the XLIF surgery. I'd need to google that, but if true, that would explain why Dr. Pimenta would have written the forward. If the book is an advertisement for the XLIF procedure, and it is published by NuVasive for potential patients considering an XLIF that uses NuVasive technologies then I don't see an issue. Again, I don't know anything about the book/advertisement/collection of papers.

I am glad that Dr. Clavel was able to rescue your spine and get you back to moving around and feeling better.

As for Dr. Pimenta still appearing on the AIMIS website, I have no clue. I will ask for some clarification on that. I agree, if he isn't participating then he needs to be removed.

The only thing I can think of (purely my own speculation here, I have ZERO proof) is that if Dr. Pimenta is paid up on his membership dues (or whatever it is called) they are contractually bound to display him on their website. If they don't, he can sue them for breech of contract. Even though he isn't holding up his end of the bargain. If AIMIS is involved with taking him to court, they still have to follow the law until a judge says otherwise. Purely my two cents, and I don't know if they are even considering such action.
He is displayed near the bottom of the list, but maybe they could feature him even less prominently.

As for scheduling surgeons and stuff, I don't know how that all works. If, however, Dr. Pimenta said he was willing to travel, and then rescheduled, and then delayed, and finally cancelled his trip, that could explain the pattern in the emails. Again, I'm not privvy to all the details and emails. It is solely my inferrance.

There are more points that need addressing, but I hear the car being packed, so I must go...

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.