View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Smile

Harrison,

The antibiotics I am on is amoxicilan, 875 mg. Dr Clavel started me on it in Spain because I had a little redness around the surgery site but no heat and no fever. Then about 6 days after the surgery my wound self drained, it was a yellowish clear fluid. We called him asap and he met with us at the Qurion hospital and nothing more was coming out. He said it was possibly the fat layer had an infection but it was nothing to worry about and to keep taking the amoxicilan.

So my wife and I went back to site seeing in Barcelona, and it self drained again so we went back to the hotel and cleaned up with provoiodine and a new dry bandage. Then things were good. Then the flight home. The first 10 hours were not bad I had a row of 4 seats for my wife and my self so I could lay down and stretch out. The second flight that was 5 hours was not as good. The flight was over booked so there was no stretching out. By the time I got home my stomach was starting to swell up. I went to look like an alien head sticking out. That was Friday night. By Tuesday I went to my primary care physician and he looked at it and said " I not touching that " and said to go to the er so they could do a CT scan and see were it was coming from and then I could see a general surgeon.

So the general surgeon looks at the CT scan and data it tracks back to my implants, and proceeded to drain 200 CCS of more of a red and cows yellowish fluid out of it and said it looked like an old hematoba and a seroma and did a oats culture and sent to lab for a full culture. The first one came back with nothing showing and said I could go home and if something showed up in the full culture they would call.

So I went home and all seemed good then the next day it self drained again this time with a pinkish yellowish fluid and then it stoped, it has been two weeks to the day since it self drained bit it still seems to leak a little of the yellow fluid from time to time. I have no fever no redness and no heat at the surgery site. I am going to see the surgeon tomorrow to see if its all ok and see if there is anything I should do. I am still on the amoxicillan just in case there is a little bug hiding out I change the dressing every morning and every night and make sure it is clean and dry.

As for my ADRs they have not made a peep. The tendons and such are still making some adjustments to the new friends in my back but that is getting better every day. I even named them Hans and Frans because they are here to pump you up. Any how I will keep you informed with what surgeon has to say. Thanks again for your site and listening to me blabber on.
Jeff