Thread: Earthing?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Thanks Harrison for posting the articles, and thanks Jim for sharing your info. I'm still debating between the two technologies. Both sound good and could have some benefit. My main reason for looking for alternative treatments is to try to find something that might help me sleep better. The only sleep I get is of the medicated kind - nonrestorative w/little if any REM - 3 separate nights in a sleep lab have proven it. I want to get off some of this medication and in fact one of the drugs I've been on for 20 years has been found to be one of the Coenzyme Q10 depleters & it affects your vagal tone. I've weaned that down to half my usual dose.

It doesn't look like the PEMF can be found for less than 3 grand. My Russian-trained PM&R pain management MD may have something like this in her office I could try next time I see her. I also read somewhere on the net that it may not be good for someone with an infection as it may cause bug colonies to expand. What's good for the host is also good for the critters - don't know how reliable that information was. I'm still waiting to see if I can get another bone sample taken - this time for PCR testing. I do highly suspect that some organism got introduced during all those triggerpoint injections I had. The P. acnes bacterium was found in 42% of tissue samples taken from Sapho patients.

Just don't know if the bedding materials offered by this earthing site will actually do what they say its supposed to do. If I was well, I could probably rig something up myself to test it - used to do my own minor electrical and plumbing repairs. And you're right Jim, that rod they offer is not very long and I'd have to drill a hole through my walls and stucco to get it outside - not happy about that. Trying to figure out something with using an old Neptune lightening rod system attached to my house. I'd better call an electrician first - lest I direct the lightening bolts directly into my bedroom!
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint