View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

To keep anyone who is still interested in my lengthy endeavor..

After Consult in SD where surgeon recommended The Spine Center and Dr.Delamarter tho I've already seen Dr.Bae, so now latest report from WC is that San Diego Doc's report is going to WC UR recommending the 2 level ADR surgery and where..

I advised Nurse Case Manager that I first need to get Bone Mineral Density repeated to make sure my BMD is ok, then would need a discogram to see what we are dealing with in terms of discs that are painful ..

The BMD should be done first. It's imperative that is in the zone to so speak before proceeding with plans for surgery or more invasive testing (discogram).

Discogram can be ordered by Spine Center doc and done by my PM or with them if they do it tho I definately want another one done to make sure before surgery (as sure as one can be).

Also surgical consultation has to decide whether or not to check out facets at L5S1 before proceeding or whether that's an issue for ADR vs. fusion..

WC wants me to make a change of Primary Treating doctors before I have my surgical consultation~ they want me to utilize the doctor I saw in San Diego and I wouldn't have a problem with that as I really liked him tho right now I live in LA county and not SD co.

Anyway, this is the progress right now...at least things are moving in a direction that seems positive..

WC is going to request authorization thru UR for me to see surgeon at Spine Center again.