Thread: bicycling
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 AM

Hi Robby,

I have been an avid mountian biker for over 25 years and would credit riding a bike with a very successful ADR and as a source of inspiration to recover. Most runners will eventually have to stop running due to the pounding it causes the body, but that doesn't mean you still can't stay close to the sport. My best friend can no longer run due to spine issues, but he did the swimming leg of a triathelon last week. His son did the running and another of our friends did the bike leg. In the same race a woman confined to a wheel chair with MS had her husband roll her down to the water so she could do the swimming leg for her team. Life is part physical and part spiritual. Physical ability can be taken away in a heart beat. Each of us are responsible to maintain our spirituality and as long as we do so life has much to offer. ADR has given me the chance to get off the couch and off drugs and back on with my life. You may need to use a little creativity to fill the void not running will create, but if you really think about the situation I'll bet that you will come up several attractive alternatives.

Good Luck,
Grizz

microdiscectomy L4-L5
ruptured disk L4-L5
Maverick ADR 01-12-2007 Stenum