View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:24 PM

I have been reading the posts on this web site (current and old ones) for several weeks now. My husband happened to stumble upon this site and suggested I take a look. I am amazed at all your stories, good and bad. I am encouraged by the positive outcomes I see here, especially seanthefireman (for some reason I relate to his story more than most of the others.)

I am currently waiting for insurance approval for a 2 level ADR. I have BCBS and am ready for the fight if needed. I don't recall any one incident that did my back in, as I have been very active my entire life. I have had 2 micro surgeries in the past, both only "band-aiding" the problem of DDD. I have since changed doctors and found one that is not only current in ADR practices, but I feel very comfortable with him as well.

My current question for this group right now is this: Aside from the back pain, the left leg pain, the loss of leg strength, the tingling, and the numbness, I have just now (the last 3 days) started having muscle twitches in my left leg, on the inside part of my knee, pretty much all my waking hours (I may have them when I sleep also, but I wouldn't know it.) Is this normal just like all the typical issues?

Second question: In my left leg, starting about 3 weeks ago, I began having some odd stretching problems. When I stretch my leg out in the morning, point my toes, I usually can not get my foot to move from that position without moving it with my hand. I can not get it to flex back on its own. It has just recently been staying stuck in that position after sitting on the couch during the day and I can not get it back into a "normal" relaxed position until after some period of time. Is this normal also?

I am still trying to work out lightly, as much as my back and leg will allow. I also do stretching now, after reading several posts on this web site stating that was a good thing prior to surgery.
Any help would be appreciated. Your comments all come from real life experiences and are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Robby
May, 2007 Discogram revealing DDD at L3-L4 and L4-L5.
Dr. Recommended 2 level ADR. Denied three times.