View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 12:12 AM

I understand that activities like yoga, golf and alpine skiing are not ideal for people with back problems. However, walking just does not cut it for me as an activity. As my spinal doctor put it, there is s find line between physical and mental well being and the risk of depression with chronic pain is increased. If a day on the slopes or out on the course is important for mental well being he recommended to go ahead and pursue the activity with caution and pain killers in hand.

I find also that bring sedentary has given me a false sense of how much my back problems affect my life. My husband would commonly hear me say that it's not that bad and surgery is too great a risk. It is not until I pursue my favorite activities and become almost incapacitated that I realize that it is THAT bad. I do not want to be a couch potato at 45 and surgery appears to be my only chance. I keep going to the range to hit balls and practice light yoga to keep this realization with me while I am waiting for a surgery date.
Dec 2013 - MRI showed moderate DDD @ L5/S1 - modic type 1 endplate changes - remaining disks well preserved
Jun 2014 - became patient at Caleo clinic
Jan 2015 - first consult with surgeon
May 3, 2016 - L5/S1 - M6 - ADR in Canada (Calgary, Alberta)