View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 11:09 AM

Default Aetna codes

Thanks to you both for the offer of the codes. I found them on the Synthes site and forwarded them to Aetna on Wednesday. They also located 3 surgeons in our area that use ADR technology. Unfortunately for me, they only perform the cervical procedure. My wife is excited though. She's going to schedule an appointment with the head of Emory Spine. He's also a teaching orthopedic professor at Emory University here in Atlanta.

My wife went by the last ortho clinic to pick up copies of my last X-Rays and lowered dosage prescriptions for Percocet. Instead they gave her the medical notes from day one. After reviewing them several times, it looks like after my original surgeon left the clinic, I've been treated by Moe, Larry and Curly Joe.

None of the ensuing surgeons/ consultants referenced any disc level except L5/S1. The pain management doctor has been treating me per their diagnosis.

It looks like I get to start over. I think that's for the best now that I'm much better educated, have a lot of support and will be able to better understand the disease, treatments and FDA/ insurance imposed limitations.

Thanks again,

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc L5/S1
4 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 5 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 L4/5 & L5/S1 Maverick disc at Stenum