View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Angry Pls Advise...Blue Cross strikes again.

Hi,

I just had a double lumbar fusion on Sept. 29. Blue Cross approved the surgery ahead of time and were generous enough to pre-aprove 2 days in the hospital, surgery day being one of them. Since we all know it is a minimum of 3 days my doctor said it is just a technicality and the office would re-submit why I need to stay longer and it would get covered.

I recieved a letter today from Blue Cross saying 3 days of my hospital stay were denied. My blood pressure was 84/50 for 3 days. Everytime I stood up my ears would ring and eyes go black. The hospital would not let me go in that condition. As soon as my pressure came back up I was walking and was discharged within a couple of hours. I left as soon as I could. I stayed 4 days after the surgery day.

Can anyone advise me on this. Can Blue Cross really do this? Thanks for any input. My doctors office will not answer me until Tuesday of course and I am stressing over a rather large bill that was unexpected. After all....I did the fusion because BLUE CROSS suggested it in their denial letter for ADR. Go figure....Crooks!

Thanks in advance,
tazdell
tons of conservative treatment...
DDD...
Epidurals, felt better, playing tennis again...
car accident 2008 that tore a disc and collapsed spine...
Denied ADR twice by blue cross....
Double fusion L3-4 and L4-5 Sept. 29 2008.