View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Hey PolliBibbs,

I agree for the most part what the others have said, those that have their lives back are out doing, and not here posting. It's human nature.

However even with the negative posts I think someone trying to make up their mind about ADR vs Fusion can reap some pearls of wisdom .... It was stated in another thread to do your homework and I think those negative posts you see might lead you to information regarding questions you should ask of not only yourself but your doctor. Things like, do you have facet disease? If so ADR may NOT be the best way to go for you..

So while there are some horrendous stories about back repair here on the site, I think they serve a real purpose.

Personally I was in a clinical trial and was randomized for a fusion instead of a 2 level ADR. In the log run it turned out the best possible solution for me. One that I am pleased with and so is my back surgeon. I have some arthritic changes in my back and I had a huge gap between C5-C6 when they got in to do the repair. An ADR would not have helped in that situation, but most likely done more damage. I've also got some funky odd junk going on that affects my back that no one seems to understand right now. That sort of complication might have been chocked up to an ADR had one been put in.

ADR's are wonderful if they are put in to a candidate that is truly matched for one. But an ADR in a patient that isn't a good candidate can cause a lot of pain and heartache.

Due diligence is difficult without all the information to base your choices on. The more active posts here are most likely those of us that have other stuff going on, and are not a clean concise ADR candidate. Those people are off leading their lives out in the real world...lol

So don't be scared.. be informed .... that's all I am trying to say
Severe Vitamin D Deficiency
Spinal Fusion C5-C6, C6-C7 - May 2007
Multiple epidurals, L 3/4/5 & S1
L 3,4,5 & S1 herniated/bulging disks-under control for now.