View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 04:28 PM

Default Living with DDD, looking for others with similar MRI as mine

ADR Support,

Long time lurker. 31y-o with a banged up neck (horrible whiplash when I was 20, C7 herniated).. Still haven't gone under the knife (although I've thought about it multiple times). Every surgeon I've seen keeps telling me to wait if I can stand the pain. Most said they would start on C5-7 with MobiC's, then see what happens after that.

I think what I'm looking for is to those of you with similar MRIs as mine, how long did you wait until you went through surgery (I know people experience pain differently). I have no idea at the speed spines degenerate, and can't get a good answer. I live a pretty conservative life, no intense exercise, I'm careful what I lift, etc. Can a spine like mine stabilize and be fine for another 10 years? I keep hoping some type of newer tech will come around and I won't have a completely fused neck.

My major symptoms: Moderately painful flareups every few months. Being on a computer makes the worst. Arm pain, numbness in hands, etc. It always comes and goes, and various on sides. There's somedays where I am begging for surgery, and others where I barely notice. If I sleep the wrong way, or sit in a chair for too long, that's the worst.

C2-3: Mild desiccation with focal 1.5mm central disc protrusion. Abuts thecal sac no cord abutment. no foraminal encroachment.

C3-4: Unconvetebral osteophyte formation on the right with minimal foraminal narrowing. No findings for foraminal nerve root impingement. Cord abutment was noted.

C4-5: Focal 2mm disc protrusion which abuts the thecal sac and slightly abuts the ventral cord. Bilateral uncoverebral osteopyte formatin is noted. Foraminal narrowing, but no findings to correlate with foraminal nerve root impingement.

C5-6: Central right paracentral 2mm disc ostephyte fomplex. Abuts ventral cord with some cofrd flattening. No significant foraminal encroachment.

C6-7: Disc desiccation with broad based central 1.5mm disct ostephyte complex. Abuts thecal sac but no cord abutment or definite findings for foraminal encroachment.