View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Sorry guys/gals...I guess I should have been more exact. Mine is a workcomp case. But that doesnt mean it was easy. For the past four years I have been told by several neuro's that I am a "great canditate" for adr "when it is approved by the FDA". Well even after approval of the Charite and Prodisc at ONE level, I had the same answer.."not FDA approved" or in Workcomp terms.."reasonable and customary". I have been in the court room 10-15 times arguing the points and in Oklahoma the law doesnt recognize any physician not licensed in the state of oklahoma. So Dr. Zigler was out of the question. I finally had to go to TBI on my own dime to get a surgery recomendation from Jack and take it back to my employer. Even then they said no, the courts were still powerless. So then I found a DR. in Oklahoma conducting two level charite. He recommended me for the procedure, still I got a no in the "reasonable and customary" argument. In the end I had to get political and involve the power players (NOT MY ATTNY)and my union. Still a "no". Last week one of their surgeons saw me and stated that I have been getting the runaround and really needed the two level by either doc. I was given a choice and I chose to travel to Texas to see the best. So in closing....no matter which system we poor souls have to deal with....its the entire insurance system as a whole that needs to be re-evaluated. We pay our entire lives and when we need it we are treated like SCUM. Also, in my opinion the biggest misunderstanding in the whole process is the definition of FDA APPROVAL. I think I will write a book on those 11 letters that made the past five years so horrible. LET DOCS BE DOCS AND POLITICIANS BE POLITICIANS!!!!
Two level Prodisc TBI Scheduled in March 2007
"THE FDA IS NOT GOD"