View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:13 PM

Default CONFUSED different Diag from Dr. Clavel and Dr. Bierstedt

Hi there

I have received evaluations from both of these doctors. I attached a copy of my cervical xray but not sure if I did it correctly

Have any of you have completely different treatment plans? Dr. Bierstedt suggested ADR C 5/6 and C6/7. nothing is regards to the higher levels. My neurosurgeon that I have seen here in Canada suggested ADR on C5/6 only but we are only approved for one level in Canada. He didn't have much to say about the upper levels either. Dr. Clavel said I was an "interesting case" not what I wanted to here but I thought the same myself looking at my xray!..I don't really know why my neck is like this..previous accident in early years..who knows. Dr. Clavel said ADR on level C 5/6 and C6/7 where disc degeneration is would not help my pain as he believes the majority is in the upper levels. He suggested fusion from C3-C5 if surgery is needed. Pretty much all my pain is muscle in between the shoulder blades and upper traps. Not too much actual neck pain. I am not sure if he is aware of the type of pain I am in as I have not spoke with him yet. I don't know if my muscle pain comes from disc degeneration or my upper levels. I am going to have a phone consult with both doctors to clarify and I think I will also have a consult with Dr. Zeegers just to get another opinion to confuse myself even more lol....any input would be great..

Kim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image8.jpg (81.2 KB, 73 views)
ADR C5-C6 suggested by neurosurgeon with Prodisc C
New MRI C5/6 and now C6/7 progression
March 2015 prodisc C5/6 & C6/7