View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 12:07 PM

Hi there

Wow..we are exactly the same!

Thanks for your imput, it is much appreciated. I agree that something needs to be done with my upper levels. My neurosurgeon in Canada said to leave it but I didn't ask why because I has so many other questions and was overwhelmed at the time. It makes sense to have fused levels above as the facets are very arthritic and adr's below. Dr. clavel did not mention adr's below. I am not sure how my ROM would be and that scares me and I would imagine if C3 and levels below are fused C2 would eventually need to be fused. I am sending Dr. Bierstedt, Malte, lots of questions today. by email and Dr. Clavel's report. Maybe Dr. Bierstedt does not want to do any more surgery then necessary at this point in time. I do know my C5/6 disc is bulging and I have lots of weakness and tingling down the right arm.

I am not sure of the terminology used with your evaluation but it looks like Dr. Clavel wants to do some kind of cage fusion? I assume this is to correct a curve,I also see you have mild osteopenia so they would use a different adr or wait until your test results are better and then use the M6. Dr. Biernstedt would only do the adr and not the cage? These are such hard decisions and it sucks that it is only ourselves that can make it. Either way whatever we decide we have to accept the outcome and be positive because it is what it is.

If you hear anymore news about your treatment plan please let me know and I will also post my followup questions from Dr. Bienstedt. Dr. Clavel wants more tests, if I can get them here then I will follow up with him through Skype.

take care
Kim
ADR C5-C6 suggested by neurosurgeon with Prodisc C
New MRI C5/6 and now C6/7 progression
March 2015 prodisc C5/6 & C6/7